The MapTool elves have been busy providing even more holiday goodness. We are proud to announce MapTool 1.5.8 which brings improvements to existing functionality, new capabilities, as well as new and improved macro functions. MapTool versions from 1.5 onward are 64-bit OS only.
- Macros on copied tokens having duplicate UUIDs problem fixed.
- Toolbar/ribbon in MapTool can now be hidden to give you more screen space.
- Additional parameters and improvements to various macro functions.
- New translation team members, Deniz Köse and Vitaly Karpenko have bumped our Russian translation up to 74%.
- Fog of War exposure fixes.
- Tooltips added to all menu items.
- Bug fixes!
You can find a full list of fixes and enhancements on the MapTool 1.5.8 Changelog.
We’ve also moved to CrowdIn, a cloud-based localization technology that is free of charge for open source projects. If you’re interested in volunteering for translations and getting your name on the big board, visit the CrowdIn Volunteering Site to learn how.
Excited about the new functionality? Let’s discuss in the comments below or on one of our many social outlets.
You can download the new version of MapTool from the following link:
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.
Mac Users are encouraged to use the PKG version of the install. Windows users are encouraged to use the MSI.