Highlights of the changes include:
- Maps now have a Display Name (Players) and a True Name (GM).
- More image types supported along with beginnings of support for non-image assets.
- Quality of Life improvements: pan map with arrow keys, select drawings on the map for deletion, hotkeys for image flip.
- Improved performance and consistency for paths from AI pathfinding including improvements for paths for large tokens.
- Additional UI elements are available in full-screen mode.
- Development moved to AdoptOpen Java 16.
- More bug fixes.
- More localization for the UI.
You can download the new version of MapTool from the following link:
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.
Mac Users are encouraged to use the PKG version of the install. Windows users are encouraged to use the MSI.