The RPTools staff is proud to announce the release of MapTool 1.5.2. You can find a complete changelog here. This version of 1.5 comes closer to becoming our Stable build for general use. Please download and run your frameworks through it to make sure everything is still working as expected. MapTool versions from 1.5 onward are 64-bit OS only.
We’ll probably have one or two more releases before declaring 1.5 stable and moving on to MapTool 2.0.
Bug fixes in this release include:
- Fixed console problem with spaces being in the Java path.
- Draw Explorer no longer allows attempting to merge a drawing and a template.
- Fix for Edit menu issues if language not set to English.
- Out-of-date/bad URLs in Help menu updated.
- Fixed templates not previewing at the correct location.
- Returned values from getViewArea() corrected to be compatible with setViewArea().
- Default Map Preferences updated to allow decimal Units per Cell values.
- Selecting something other than an RPTools map file when using Import Map no longer throws an exception.
- The output of java -version no longer included in Help -> Debug output.
New functionality includes
- Newlines can now be inserted into the middle of command lines in the chat window.
- Templates added for Bugs, Features and Technical Questions to MapTool GitHub issues.
- New macro functions for controlling logging. See Wiki
- New macro functions for getting/setting terrain modifiers: getTerrainModifier(), setTerrainModifier()
- New dicelib version with new dice expressions and new macro functions for accessing individual die roll values: getRolled(), getNewRolls(), clearRolls().
- New dice expression XdYdhZ (drop highest) and 7 others.
- Macro Editor Details tab reorganized to give some fields more room.
- Macro button tooltip entry field made into a larger text area with HTML highlighting.
- Checkbox to enable/disable hotkey display on the button.
- UDFs now show in auto-complete of the macro editor with their tooltip as help text.
- New Line & Radius templates that start at cells. New icons for all template types.
- Auto-completion in the macro editor now works even if complete function name has already been entered.
- New macro functions for base64 encoding/decoding: base64.encode(), base64.decode().
- New macro function movedOverDrawing().
- New macro function getDrawingInfo().
- Warning message removed when using the Import Map option.
- Editing token properties now supports word wrap and syntax highlighting.
- Reset Size added to right-click menu for tokens/stamps.
- Mouse pointer now visible when dragging tokens.
- File -> Export -> Campaign File As… now supports non-decimal map units-per-cell values.
- Added support for multiple personal lights and setting color for personal lights.
As with the last release, we’ll release posts over the next few days describing some of the new functionality.
Excited about the new functionality? Let’s discuss in the comments below or on one of our many social outlets.
MapTool Latest Release 1.7.0
You can download the new version of MapTool from the following links.
A JAR file version may be downloaded from the MapTool GitHub Repo and is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.