The RPTools staff is proud to announce the release of MapTool 1.5.3. You can find a complete changelog here. This version of 1.5 comes closer to becoming our Stable build for general use. Please download and run your frameworks through it to make sure everything is still working as expected. MapTool versions from 1.5 onward are 64-bit OS only.
We’ll probably have one or two more releases before declaring 1.5 stable and moving on to MapTool 2.0.
Bug fixes in this release include:
- Restored previous token dragging behavior as default.
- Tokens move less erratically.
- Tokens have less drift.
- VBL changes made with Clear VBL on Edit Token Dialog and via setTokenVBL() were not updating local client view nor propagating to other clients. Fixed.
- Token VBL no longer rotated -1 degree.
- Added catch for missing/null directories cause an NPE in ImageFileImagePanelModel.getImage()
- Shutting down server should no longer throw an NPE when closing port with UPnP
- Updated layout of Start Server dialog so that server setting labels can go across the full dialog instead of being cut off.
- GM Notes and GM Name for tokens no longer visible to players.
- Corrected footprint problems with native-size figure tokens which affected halos and vision.
- Pathing for 1-1-1 movement corrected to no longer look bad.
- RPTools Gallery Index button removed from Campaign Properties. Gallery no longer exists.
- Added missing Grid shape to Light help and missing Hex and Cone to Sight help of Campaign Properties dialog.
- Selecting white in the color picker for the background of new maps threw an exception.
- The auto-resize dialog couldn’t handle larger font sizes. Fixed.
- Tokens dropped on hex grids now pick up map grid size instead of the default.
New functionality includes
- New Preferences settings for choosing between snapped and non-snapped token dragging as well as hide/show mouse pointer during dragging. Further tweaks to token dragging to improve tracking of token image to mouse pointer position.
- Snap restored as default.
- New Preferences selection for Macro editor themes. Themes can be found in:
As with the last release, we’ll release posts over the next few days describing some of the new functionality.
Excited about the new functionality? Let’s discuss in the comments below or on one of our many social outlets.
You can download the new version of MapTool from the following link:
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.