This release offers some exciting new features including some long-awaited GIF support and a number of speed improvements. New features include:
- Significantly reduced startup time for MapTool with a large asset cache under Windows.
- User database with encrypted passwords and public key support for logging in to MapTool servers plus macro functions for accessing database.
- WebRTC supported for connecting to servers without using port-forwarding.
- Access HTML/CSS/JS content on lib:tokens via URI from dialogs/frames/overlays plus new macro functions to open dialogs/frames/overlays using URIs.
- GIF anim support in dialogs, frame5 and overlays.
- More performance improvements for Fog of War handling.
- New macro functions, bug fixes and localization translations.
See ChangeLog for v1.10.0 for more details and links to individual issues.
You can download available versions of MapTool from GitHub.
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.
Mac Users are encouraged to use the PKG version of the install. Windows users are encouraged to use the MSI.
If you need interactive help, please join our Discord Server. Or visit our wiki for complete walk-throughs of how to use the tool. Our Community page has more links; see the toolbar at the top of the page.