The RPTools elves have been hard at work bringing you new and wonderous functionality in MapTool. We are proud to announce MapTool 1.5.5 which brings improvements to existing functionality, new capabilities, as well as new and improved macro functions. MapTool versions from 1.5 onward are 64-bit OS only.
Note: It appears this release has issues on Macs. If you or your players use a Mac you should skip 1.5.5 and wait for 1.5.6.
- New audio capabilities – MapTool now supports playing/managing audio streams at the local client through new macro functions. A volume slider and mute button have also been added to the toolbar.
- playStream() – plays local or remote audio files (.mp3 & .wav).
- stopStream() – stops the specified stream.
- editStream() – modifies a playing stream.
- getStreamProperties() – get the properties of loaded/playing streams.
- New JSON path functionality – New macro functions for accessing deep into JSON objects with a single call.
- Faster, better image pane in Resource Library – Performance and Quality of Life changes improve quality of thumbnails and speed.
- Better error messages for macro functions – function name now reported in error message about the number of parameters.
- Significant improvement to the getToken() macro function – expect to see significant speed improvements.
- New macro function json.toVars() converts the key values of a JSON object to variables holding the associated values.
For a full list of changes and bug fixes please see the MapTool 1.5.5 changelog.
Excited about the new functionality? Let’s discuss in the comments below or on one of our many social outlets.
You can download available versions of MapTool from GitHub.
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.
Mac Users are encouraged to use the PKG version of the install. Windows users are encouraged to use the MSI.
If you need interactive help, please join our Discord Server. Or visit our wiki for complete walk-throughs of how to use the tool. Our Community page has more links; see the toolbar at the top of the page.