The RPTools Staff and Community are proud to announce the release of MapTool 1.5.1. This release contains bug fixes as well as a few functional bits that didn’t make it into 1.5.0. You can find the full 1.5.1 Changelog on our GitHub site.
Note: if you installed 1.5.0 you may not need to download the new version. The next time you start 1.5.0 it should ask you if you want the new version. If you say ‘yes’, it should download 1.5.1 for you in a location you pick. Once downloaded you’ll still need to install it.
Some new features include:
- A new macro function to get the native height and width of a token.
- A new macro function to get the current view area size. Please note: this function is the subject of debate as to its return values
.You might want to wait until 1.5.2 before using it.
- You can now use the delete key to remove assets from the Draw and Map Explorer. It doesn’t ask first so be careful!
- You can now add multiple color rings for personal light. An example would be: Darkvision: circle scale r60#FF0000 r100#00FF00
- You now get a preview of the token opacity on the Edit Token->Config tab.
- You can now have fractional cell units on maps.
- Closing MapTool while the window is maximized no longer causes problems on the next startup with parts of MapTool hanging off the screen.
Special thanks to one of our new developers
Excited about the new functionality? Let’s discuss in the comments below or on one of our many social outlets.
You can download the new version of MapTool from the following link:
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.
Mac Users are encouraged to use the PKG version of the install. Windows users are encouraged to use the MSI.