Highlights of the changes include:
- Maps now have a Display Name (Players) and a True Name (GM).
- More image types supported along with beginnings of support for non-image assets.
- Quality of Life improvements: pan map with arrow keys, select drawings on the map for deletion, hotkeys for image flip.
- Improved performance and consistency for paths from AI pathfinding including improvements for paths for large tokens.
- Additional UI elements are available in full-screen mode.
- Development moved to AdoptOpen Java 16.
- More bug fixes.
- More localization for the UI.
You can download the new version of MapTool from the following link:
All users running versions prior to 1.8.3 are strongly encouraged to update. See this announcement post on our forum.
A JAR file version may be downloaded as well but is only recommended for developers or other advanced users.